Saturday, January 31, 2009

Always You

You are my light and my eyes in sight.
I love the way your hair falls around your face,
Tracing the outline of a heart.
I love your sense of humor and the sound of your laughter,
Especially the shy laughter, when you fear that I’ll tickle your feet.
I love the freedom of your spirit as you live your life unpretentious, unafraid.
I love the way you cock your head to the side when you smile,
And oh what a smile. So true in it’s brightness, glistening white and honest,
Even when it’s naughty (but usually it’s innocent fun.)
I love the way you wiggle and squirm, giggling, as I kiss your neck from behind.
And then how your noisy fidgeting turns into a slow moan.
I love your naïve innocence seeking direction in me.
I love your natural beauty, not afraid to shine as it does, boldly, warmly,
Like the sun upon my skin.
Your beauty is like a flower, like a daisy growing wild in a field,
Going at first unnoticed, then taking my breath away.
This beauty is confident, although though you are not.
It shines forth, radiating, with careless abandon,
With freedom unbridled, unashamed of it’s naked glory.
This beauty, born of nature, is sparkling, alive.
It is a stream laughing over the rocks, flowing freely, making a melody
As it laps at the shore. This beauty, your beauty, is a campfire, a wind-song.
Your beauty is a flower child, singing love songs at night,
And walking through green fields in daylight.
Like a hippies love it shines forth, clapping hands and tambourines,
Swaying to and fro. Contagious joy spills from you.
I love the tiny hairs on your back and the freckle under your eye.
There exists a classic beauty in the dimensions of your face,
In the curve of your cheek and the slope of your nose,
And the dimple in your chin, and in your lips,
Poignant, perfect, forever.
I love your small feet that are shy, and your small hands that are bold,
As they clutch with hungry fingers and color me pretty nails.
The list of my love goes on forever, and there will never,
Be a stain upon my dream of you.

2 comments:

Kelley Ann Hornyak said...

This is really beautiful. I especially like how you write about her lack of confidence being beautiful. Very nice work, looking forward to reading more!

I need a book deal said...

Thanks! I post one per day. Come back often ;)