Friday, January 9, 2009

Rainmaker

Rainmaker, water-maiden,
Give me first your mist,
Gentle drops to kiss my lips,
Your glistening dew,
A moist blanket,
To nurture this sleeping heart.
And then, pour your love on me in buckets.

For I am the dry man, the scarecrow.
Draped across my wooden frame,
I hang.
Lonely in the field, my only communion
Ravens, and snakes.

Washing over my neglected bones,
Your drops fall diagonally, torrentially
Onto my barren soil,
And I sprout.
Tiny shoots of grass grow in me thanks to your rain.
Hot, hard cracked earth is now lush,
Like my lover’s garden.

My lips were cracked, like the ground,
Dry from the drought
And with dirt in my mouth,
I fell dizzy from the sun.

My precious waterfall, renew me with your flow,
And green, I will grow, I will grow.
Caught in your deluge, I will laugh,
Drenched, I will laugh,
Because in your loving rain I am full.
You have soaked my green meadow, filled my waterways.
My stream becomes a river in your flood.
Gullies and lakes and oceans lie within me,
And you have filled them all.
Pour your love upon me beautiful girl.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wonderful,I love it !!!

Luna said...

I am wet, my soul drenched in your words and images..
this is the way to look..
let go of the pain.
fly with love on your lips
in your heart and on your tongue