Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Mirror

You are my mirror
And I weep for the seeing
Looking at you, looking into me
Everything that I am
Everything I could ever be
Hidden in your shinning eyes
Sometimes I see a man smaller than myself
Petty
I see a fool
Sometimes in your eyes,
I am much larger than myself
A king, a God
And I have never known unconditional love
Until I knew you
With a spirit that is pure
Like Holy water
In a sacred pool
And when the ugly part of me speaks
(The small man)
You are silent
Waiting for your champion
And when he laughs, and shines his stupid grin
You are patient
Waiting for your king.
And when he stumbles
You extend a gracious hand
Helping him to stand
So you see
Your mirror shows the truth of me
And I could never lie
When I look into your eyes

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like this one VERY much. Good! It flows, it works, it just....does. One typo: Hidden in your shinning eyes

:-)

Luna said...

such a beautiful look at unconditional love

Vanessa said...

I like this one a lot - it touches people...