Friday, February 13, 2009

Ask me why

Ask me why. Ask me why I care.
What is it they say? Let me count the ways.
It’s because I lose myself in your eyes while we talk,
Searching for what lies hidden,
Secret beauty.
It’s because when you touch me, my skin quivers,
Titillating.
It’s because you know what to say when I’m upset,
Stilling the emotion,
Reassuring.
It’s because the sound of your voice makes my heart sing,
Music.
It’s because of your lips, your eyelashes, and your smile,
Lovely.
It’s the way you fold and flip your hair,
Tossing it over your shoulder,
Playful.
It’s the curve of your neck,
Subtle.
It’s the way you walk with small feet,
Grace.
It’s because the best things come in small packages,
Petite.
It’s the way you paint your nails with a wry smile,
So proud of your style.
It’s because of your kindness, your love, and your friendship.
I care because there’s no one like you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like this line very, very much:

"It’s the way you walk with small feet,"

Thanks for putting up a tweet about your poem :-).

Dana