Friday, February 20, 2009

Unnamed

Just talk to me
Tell me things
And sing me to sleep
Then kiss me on the cheek
Bathe me with your hair
Long and black
Like my sleepless nights
But pretty
Like you
And tell me that it’s not true
That my burden is not too much to bear
Tell me that you are there
And that your love
Will not fade
Like smoke from the air
Give me your soft voice
Loves gentle whisper
Into my ear
To remind me that you are near
Do not depart from me
Kind lady
Miracle of flesh
The wish
Of my penny into the well
Be my blanket
And comfort me
Through this endless
And most cumbersome life

3 comments:

Shailee said...

nice!

I need a book deal said...

Aaaaah, my old friend! Thanks! You know my heart is true. The mind might be corrupt but the heart is pure. Lol.

Sara LeeAnn said...

Lovely rhythm to this. I particularly love these lines:

"Bathe me with your hair
Long and black
Like my sleepless nights
But pretty
Like you"

Well done.