Saturday, August 22, 2009

Fall Back




For Wattyz

Our clocks spring forward
And fall back to hello
Circling backwards for more time to love
And I fall, fall, fall back
Into a pile of variegated leaves that crunch
Falling in love
With a dark haired, wide smiling girl from Brooklyn
With bright eyes named Autumn
And her hand falls into mine
Between the frosting earth and the cloudy sky
Walking backwards
Always to hello

And this fall and that fall, and every fall hello
With orange and brown that is the earth
Or Jack-O’ lanterns that we carve
With rosy cheeks and grins
Turkeys and families and things
With lights that glow and fill our hearts like hugs
And so we fall back to the beginning
When love was cold
And cold was good
We fall

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Thank you so much! I'm not worthy. I'm honored.

michele said...

thanks for putting in print what is communicated from your heart. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Incredible! I love it...from the heart. And, Watty, I don't know you but do know you are worthy!
Darren