Saturday, August 1, 2009

This Bed

This bed, an island, our playground.
Maybe a sandbox
And all the covers sand.

A TV, like a lighthouse,
Shines across the blanket waves of the bed.

"Go ahead, tickle me, but I bite."

"Just don't leave a mark," I said.

This is my safe haven, my nest.
Your body stretches diagonally
And your foot searches,
Brushing against mine,
Then remains resting next to it for comfort.

Your legs hang over my body
Like a child hangs her legs over the end of a pier.
Your gently, rhythmic snoring,
Embarrasses you but excites me.
You are simply a human creature,
Imperfect but beautiful.
The scent of your womanhood is a repast for my nostrils,
And your soft skin a silken glove,
That my whole body wears.
Hug me you said.
And hold you I will,
Until the dawn
No longer offers the promise of the sun.

1 comment:

Luna said...

Derek..wow..you may say you are insecure but your words say otherwise :)
I remember days, laying in bed, barely getting out, a sandbox of love...ahhhhh memories..thanks they are wild and touching..and make me yearn for it again..and more for a man who can find the words to share these thoughts

peace