Saturday, August 1, 2009

Seahshell Woman

I can see your outline on the beach.
Like the sand,
Subtle mounds of brown,
But with lines that don't wash away,
Or drift out to sea like a dream,
My seashell woman.

Keep your footprints in the sand with mine,
My lazy coconut bride.

Keep the salt on your skin,
And let the waves, the waves, the waves,
Like your hair,
Flow on forever.

Live with me in the sun,
And the salty stars.
May this sand
Spread itself a bed for us.

The setting sun is radiant over your hips,
And the morning breeze is playful, like your smile.

Your toenails are brightly colored shells
Dancing with the waves.

Your hands of aloe are my coolness,
And your eyes the only shade I need.
Live with me here forever,
My turquoise dream.

1 comment:

Luna said...

thank you for painting images in my soul..
I want to go lay on this beach, I can feel the waves...

thank you for shareing